If you would like to enquire about being married at St George’s Church then please contact us for more information.
To get married at St George’s Church you need to be able to demonstrate a connection to the church. The laws governing who is eligible to get married in a particular church were changed in Oct 2008 so that there are more ways you can prove a qualifying connection.
You are eligible to marry at St George’s Church if:
1. You live in the parish of St George’s Wilton. You can find out if you are in the parish by using the Parish Checker found here
2. You have attended St George’s regularly for over 6 months and can therefore apply to be on the electoral roll
3. You were baptised or confirmed in the parish
4. Your parents or grand-parents were married at the Church
5. You (or any of your parents during your lifetime) have lived within the parish for a period of more than 6 months
6. You or your parents have regularly worshipped within the parish (at least once a month for 6 months)
Click on the links at the top of this page to get some great information and advice on planning your wedding and finding the right church for you.